Diablo 3

Go down

Diablo 3

Post  Spitlass on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:36 am

Hi all

Are any of you considering playing Diablo 3? I have preordered the game and looking forward to it. It seems like a nice casual game for me and running thru the game with 3 other people would be good fun.

Spit
Spitlass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Diablo 3

Post  Tarien on Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:00 pm

Probably not, limiting my gaming time to RIFT and BF3. Also don't fancy giving Blizzard any more money :p

Although, anyone trying TERA or GW2 when they arrive?
Tarien
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:06 am

I will probably buy Diablo 3.

Don't expect it to last very long though.

I've been in another test of GW2 and while it's fun and all it's all just to familiar. Too much like WoW, Rift etc so I won't be buying it.

I will try out MOP though.
kjellis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarien on Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:55 am

kjellis wrote:I've been in another test of GW2 and while it's fun and all it's all just to familiar. Too much like WoW, Rift etc so I won't be buying it.

I will try out MOP though.

I cannot understand the logic of being bored with WoW, trying other MMOs, finding they are too much like WoW, returning to WoW :p

Now that my uni work is slowing down I have a ton more time for RIFT and BF3 Very Happy

Check out the new raid RIFT just got:

And the length of the patch notes is insane. It's only been 2months since the last patch!
Tarien
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:52 am

Well, if it is just like WoW why not play the real deal?

And it's like they say: You never forget your first love :-)
kjellis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarien on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:51 am

kjellis wrote:Well, if it is just like WoW why not play the real deal?

And it's like they say: You never forget your first love :-)

I understand those reasons, but for me I'm tired of waiting months and months for patches, I detest the three tier of difficulty for raids, and I am sick of Blizzard who are surely by now one of the richest gaming companies in the world yet they still nickel and dime their customer base to death. Throw in the general casualization of the game and I'm pretty much done.

At least in RIFT they are looking for new ways to keep you busy at 50, the raids are tough and kick ass, there are no mount/pet vanity shops, server transfers are free, and it's every bit as polished as WoW after a year of being live. Glad I moved here.

I do miss WoW for the Lore, PvP and the old friends, but it's not enough to go back to sitting in SW, waiting for queues to pop. I spent this morning doing world PvP and a couple more hours farming Rifts for currency for the next raid which opens tomorrow. Barely ever spend time in the city unless I am actually AFK or crafting.
Tarien
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis on Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:19 pm

Well I am just sick and tired of MMO:s. And maybe I just don't have the patience for leveling and learning any other MMO at this stage so just going back to WoW it's the path of least resistance or something. And anyway all my IRL friends stopped playing years ago and that also contributed to me not wanting to play as much.
kjellis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarien on Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:10 pm

kjellis wrote:Well I am just sick and tired of MMO:s. And maybe I just don't have the patience for leveling and learning any other MMO at this stage so just going back to WoW it's the path of least resistance or something. And anyway all my IRL friends stopped playing years ago and that also contributed to me not wanting to play as much.

Meh, wish I could convince you to give Rift a chance at endgame Very Happy
Tarien
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarien on Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:57 pm

There is an open beta weekend for TERA, I am going to take a brief look. Here are the instructions for getting into it:

http://community.tera-europe.com/home/news/article/open-beta-details-and-how-to-participate.html

I'll be on Allemantheia server as Tarien or Tyrielle, depending which name is available.
Tarien
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis on Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Meh you beat me to it. I downloaded the 25GB client yesterday. I am gonna try it out also.
kjellis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Open beta this weekend for Diablo 3 also...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4511821509
kjellis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarien on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:59 pm

Probs miss that one, too much to do atm
Tarien
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:55 am

I played through the beta. It's very short and while it was kinda of fun it didn't feel like a new game compared to diablo 2. Thought they would have fixed more things in 11 years tbh.

Co-op was kinda of fun though. So might get it just to play through it. Don't see it having a lot of replay value though. And as they axed PvP I really don't see how you are gonna keep the players coming back to play this after they beat it.
kjellis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarien on Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:26 am

Yeah I was watching my flatmate play it last night, and the same thoughts occurred to me. Where is the replay in it, and why does is look so dated. They should have moved away from the isometric style and had more of a WoW viewpoint where you can zoom in and out and rotate around. Can you imagine what it would be like as a first person view? They took most of the UI functions from WoW, right clicking portraits, communication, all the battle net stuff. Not that that is a bad thing.
Tarien
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis on Mon May 14, 2012 3:56 pm

So less than 5 minutes to go.... Any one else bought it?

I think I will play the DH.
kjellis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis on Mon May 14, 2012 4:17 pm

battle.net = down... what a shocker... don't think there will be any playing tonight....
kjellis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis on Mon May 14, 2012 5:07 pm

I give up.... I've tried for over an hour to login.... blizzard you fail!
kjellis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarien on Mon May 14, 2012 6:52 pm

Nah, in love with TERA atm, and between that, RIFT and BF3 is enough to satisfy my gamer itch.
Tarien
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis on Tue May 15, 2012 3:31 am

Tried this morning before work and now it's working. Oh well, holiday coming up this week so from wednesday I can play.
kjellis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mallak on Wed May 16, 2012 6:25 am

Unlike you two pessimist I am super excited about Diablo 3, and have been so for a long time! Razz
Unfortunately Blizzard couldn't have released the game at a worse time for me, as I will be extremely busy with exams during the next month, forcing me to play Diablo a very limited amount. But when my exams are over I plan on hitting up the game pretty hardcore. Can't wait to get to Inferno mode, try out every character, farm all the achievements, hunt for gear, and attempt hardcore mode (and fail)!

Feel free to add me online, my battletag is Mallak#2661 , and my real-ID email address is henrikengholt7@hotmail.com , in case the battletag thing doesn't work. But as I said I will only be playing it a limited amount for now. (Crossing my fingers I can restrain myself and keep away)

On a side node I have been missing playing a proper MMO. SWTOR was fine but didn't really offer all that much past the leveling, and if i had the time for it I would definately come back to Rift again. Dunno if my recent Rift-urges are caused by Tariens sales-pitches or just the realisation that it actually was a pretty solid and fun MMO, that still had that "vanilla"-feeling WoW lost years ago. Maybe when my exams are over and the Diablo-fever has quieted down I will give it another try, I will let you know if I do Tarien Wink

Mallak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis on Wed May 16, 2012 6:40 am

Well, my frustration was that I could not login to the game. I've played some now and it's really fun. Much more fun to play in co-op than by yourself imho.

Don't see it lasting very long tho tbh.

My BattleTag is: Kjellis#2664
kjellis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mallak on Wed May 16, 2012 6:59 am

Not lasting very long? Diablo 2 lasted for over 10 years, i'm sure this one will do fine as well :p

Mallak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  kjellis on Wed May 16, 2012 7:06 am

Yes, I doubt I will play this several times. I will run through it and maybe with 1-2 classes and thats about it. Doubt it will take more than a couple of days.
kjellis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarien on Wed May 16, 2012 2:32 pm

Yeah I am keeping my RIFT sub up, easily the best raiding MMO available. You should see the shit on the PTS atm, its insane. Instant Adventure for every level, 3-way battle royal PvP zone, Mentoring (lower your level to play with buddies), six new zones, a new five man, a new ten man, new RIFT type, it's crazy. Not sure it's all for the next patch but it's still crazy.
Tarien
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tarien on Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:43 am

Hah, reading back through some of these posts, man I loved RIFT. Shame it kinda nose dived after the first expansion, up until that point it was shaping up incredibly well.

I actually picked up D3 now that they have removed the auction houses (which was my main objection with it), and apparently I have arrived at the best time to play since the redone loot and 'Adventure Mode'. Quite a bit of fun, a few RL friends and half my guild is playing it atm as well as some old faces (Molk, Darkdevil, Cricque etc). Good times.
Tarien
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum